Friday 9 December 2011

The brain is a wonderful organ...

It starts working the moment you get up in the morning and does not stop until you get into the office.


Robert Frost, rather surprisingly, is the originator of this quote. Surprising to me, at any rate. It sounds as though it should come out of one of those smartass business books or might be seen on a T-Shirt or the side of a mug. And now I see he didn't die until 1969, which is another surprise.

This is the Robert Frost I know and love, knew and loved from the very first day of my American Lit course at university.

Here are just the last three lines of one of his poems.





Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less travelled by,
And that has made all the difference.





 Back to the brain. It does seem to happen to me that I'm full of ideas until I sit down at my desk and then...you can almost hear the glugging sound as they drain away.
Hence - this blog. It gets my brain up and running again. There are worse ways...


I don't just do this for fun, you know.


































No comments:

Post a Comment