Wednesday 21 December 2011

Half the fun of travel is the aesthetic of lostness.

I don't think so, Ray Bradbury. I really don't think so.

Hence, I'm taking my trusty Garmin with me on my trip to Sheffield to see my sister. This is the trusty Garmin about the size of a house brick long since rejected by the menfolk in my house for slimmer, up to date versions with lots of gizmos and widgets and gadgets that nobody really needs if they're honest.


I'm the same about mobile phones. I want a mobile phone to make phone calls with when I'm travelling and with which to send text messages. I don't want one that dabbles in differential calculus and is the world's smallest high-energy particle accelerator and projects images to the Hubble Space Telescope.



Call me old-fashioned. Let me do it for you.

Caroline, YOU ARE OLD-FASHIONED!

(but Not THAT old-fashioned because I don't favour the use of maps and signposts or semaphore)

No comments:

Post a Comment