Thursday 22 December 2011

Recalculating, recalculating...


I could learn a lot from Ms.Garmin. In fact, I DID learn a lot from Ms. Garmin.

Yesterday, she suffered a whole lot of abuse from me on my journey from Buxted to Sheffield and home again via Northampton. Usually, I'm known for being polite but nearing the end of thirteen hours on the road, tempers were beginning to get a little frayed.

Ms. Garmin: Take the next exit and enter the roundabout.

Me: NO, I WON'T, YOU STUPID TART!

Ms. Garmin: (without raising her voice or sounding in the slightest bit offended) Recalculating, recalculating...


Things don't always go as planned in this life. When I got home, there was an e-mail waiting for me from a literary agent for children's fiction - a very kind and considered e-mail which nonetheless turned me down.

Thank you, Ms. Garmin. In all seriousness, I thought of her. I DIDN'T fly into my usual very stupid 'That proves I'm worthless' scenario.

I simply said, with smile on face,

No comments:

Post a Comment